Tuesday, April 26, 2011

First Round of the Year!!!

Over vacation I played my first golf round of the year.  My father and I played at the golf course across from our house in Cape Cod.  It was pretty good conditions considering courses have been open for little over a few weeks.  I have a history of playing poorly on the front nine and have a strong finish at that course.  This round was no exception.

I shot a front nine 46, and my father beat me by a few strokes.  Not too bad for the first nine of the year.  But the first hole of the back nine I was already getting back in the groove.  I hit my tee shot on the par 5 10th about 305yds to leave me with approx. 160yds to the hole.  There is a sand trap in front of the green and the front edge is a little bit elevated, I didn't know it but the pin was in the back, so you need to hit a club that comes down soft but can get there.  I chose a nine iron and initially was worried if it would make it over the trap, but I felt confident with that club and gave it a good swing.  It ended up being on the back of the green about 15-20ft from the hole.  I sank the putt for eagle and walked off the 10th starting the back at two under.

I believe this was the best golf I've played on a single hole ever.   All of the shots were pure and struck in the middle of the club.  And the fact that it was the first round of the year excites me for whats to come.

This is what it felt like when I made my eagle putt.


I finished strong with a 40 on the back to give me a 86 total, I beat my dad, and later found out I had a very high fever later that night, which only made it feel that much better.

 Question for Thought:
What is your best 9/18 hole round of golf(score)?
Also what is your best score on one hole(par, birdie, eagle etc.)?






 Site to Hyannis golf club:/http://www.town.barnstable.ma.us/hyannisgolfclub/


Photo

4 comments:

  1. my best 9 hole round I shot a 50 and on an 18 I shot 92 my best shot on a par 5 was an eagle by chipping my final shot from the sand trap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I played at the South Portland Municipal Golf Course last week and got a 3 on a hole for par. that has been my best score this season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super duper guys. My best nine hole is a 37 at nonesuch on the front. My best 18 is a 79 also at nonesuch, and best one hole was the eagle at hyannis on the par 5

    ReplyDelete
  4. The best I have gotten was a par on hole 9, even then I stunck through out most of the course getting bogeys.

    ReplyDelete